There's no better time to show our thankfulness for our four-legged family members than at Thanksgiving. But with extra activity, extra food, and extra people, the holiday can be chaotic for both dogs and dog owners alike. To help you keep your dog healthy and happy, enjoy the time, and focus on what matters most, get our tips below for how to safely celebrate Thanksgiving with dogs.
- Feed your dog before the meal
- Take a walk before dinner to burn off energy
- Create a doggy safe space so he can escape the frenzy of activity
- Give him a new toy to keep him occupied
- No table scraps! To ensure your pup doesn't get fed anything he can't eat, ask guests not to give into begging