Natural Dog Food + Vitamins & Minerals

PURINA JUST RIGHT - GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS:

  1. How do your foods compare to Pro Plan and Purina ONE?
    • Similar to Purina Pro Plan and Purina ONE, Purina Just Right formulas contain real meat, poultry or fish as the first ingredient. All three brands are 100% complete and balanced and provide optimal protein and essential amino acid levels necessary to help maintain muscles and lean body mass. They are nutrient dense and easily digestible. The formulas do not contain added artificial colors or flavors, and are preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural antioxidant and form of Vitamin E from vegetable oils, rather than commonly used chemical preservatives. Purina Just Right is made with the same commitment to quality as Purina Pro Plan and Purina ONE.  
    • Different from Purina Pro Plan and Purina ONE, Purina Just Right is only available online. Also, Purina Just Right can deliver grain-free formulas in chicken, lamb and salmon. The grain-free formulas that Purina Just Right delivers contain inulin, a prebiotic fiber extracted from chicory that helps maintain digestive health. 

  2. Where is your food made?
    • Our foods are made in St. Louis, MO.

  3. Where are your ingredients sourced?
    • While the vast majority of our ingredients are sourced from the United States, we do source a limited amount from other countries, including China. The ingredients from China – primarily important nutritional supplements – are not commonly available from other countries in the quantities we need.

  4. Is your food organic?
    • At this time, Just Right pet foods do not contain organic ingredients.

PURINA JUST RIGHT - GRAIN FREE FORMULAS:

  1. Does Purina Just Right use grains?  If so, why?
    • Yes. Every ingredient serves a purpose in Purina Just Right pet food formulas. The carbohydrate, protein and other nutrients provided by grains add to both the nutritional value and structure of pet food. 
    • Grains are rich sources of carbohydrate that supply your pet’s body with energy. While carbohydrate is not an essential dietary nutrient like protein and fat, it is useful in sparing protein from being used as an energy source. In other words, carbohydrate can be used to meet the body’s energy needs so that protein can be used for its most important function ― protein synthesis. If sources of carbohydrate, such as those from grains, are available, dietary protein is also used to build and maintain muscle and tissue. 
    • In addition to carbohydrate, grains provide antioxidants, fiber that contributes to gastrointestinal health, and essential fatty acids that contribute to a healthy skin and coat.

  2. Why do you offer a grain-free formula as an option?  Are grains bad?
    • We formulate most of our products with grains because they provide needed nutrients as part of a nutritionally complete and balanced diet. However, we recognize that some pet owners are selective about certain ingredients and may desire grain-free diets for their pets. For these pet owners, we offer formulas with alternative nutrient sources, such as cassava and pea starch.

  3. What have you used in place of grain?
    • Our grain-free formulas contain alternative sources of carbohydrates, including cassava root flour and pea starch. 

  4. What is canola meal and what is its benefit?
    • According to the Canola Council of Canada, the name canola is a contraction of “Canada” and “ola,” meaning oil. The seeds of the canola plant are 44% oil. Canola meal is produced from the other 56% of the seed. We use canola meal in some of our pet foods for its high protein content and digestibility. 

  5. What is cassave root flour and what is its benefit?
    • This flour is an alternative source of carbohydrate that comes from the starchy, tuberous root of the cassava plant. The cassava plant grows in tropical climates close to the equator and is the source of tapioca.  

  6. Is corn used as a filler?
    • No, every ingredient in Purina Just Right formulas has a valuable function and plays a part in providing an excellent source of nutrition to your pet. When properly cooked, corn provides a highly digestible source of carbohydrate, essential fatty acids and protein, and thus, is not considered filler. Corn also has among the highest level of natural antioxidants of any grains. Purina only uses the same grades of corn traditionally used in human food products.